Aug 17, 2016

Mini half-tournament report

 I am currently participating in a tournament with a time control of 90minutes+30seconds/move for the first 40 moves and 30minutes+30seconds/move for the rest of the game.
For now I have +2 =0 -3:



Game 1 : 1720 opp vs 1580 me 1-0
     I was two pawns up in a Rook and Queen endgame and missed a mate in 1. Aaargh!

Game 2 : me vs 1785 opp 0-1
     The game was equal until I blundered. Re-aaargh!

Game 3 : 1537 opp vs me 0-1
     This time my opponent blundered first.

Game 4 : me vs 1747 opp 0-1
     This is a repeat of game 1 : I was two pawns up and blundered again!

Game 5 : 1520 opp vs me 0-1
     Finally a normal-ish game. After a weird opening and probably a lot of  inacurracies, I managed to win a pawn and my opponent collapsed.

First conclusions :
  • I still need to work on my thought process especially the anti-blunder check.
  • I also need to work on my stamina : all 3 blunders occurred around the third hour of the game and the games I won lasted less than 3 hours.
  • I don't need to work on my openings yet. I usually wing it but manage to have decent positions for the middlegame
  • My middlegame is pretty good but I don't know how to win won games
I will comment my games when the tournament is finished. 4 more rounds to go! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment